Why won't QWin let me delete unheld securities?

Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Investing (Windows)
It seems to me in the past I was able to delete securities all of whose transactions have been deleted. Today I decided to delete unheld, hidden, no-transaction securities from my production file and was not allowed. I can delete some of them but not all, and I can't discern a pattern which would explain why.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s the error message?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Rocket J Squirrel
    There is no message. In the Security List, the Delete button is disabled for the securities in question.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hidden account?  Separate account?  As I recall separate account transactions don’t show in the security details list of transactions. 
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited December 2022
    Nope, active accounts which had obsolete securities archived out, then archive accounts deleted. 

• Rocket J Squirrel
    q_lurker said:
    Hidden account?  Separate account?
    Yes and yes. Accounts I thought I had deleted still existed as hidden & separate. I thought I had already deleted them, but that was in a test copy of my file. I confused myself and the inevitable result was user error.

This discussion has been closed.