Year-end reports not pulling all data (Q Mac)

tanager3577
tanager3577 Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Reports (Mac)
Help! I've just run my tax expense report for the year and noticed that only transactions that I entered manually (and are cleared) are coming through - transactions that were downloaded from my bank are not showing up in the report ~ I reeeaallllyyyy don't want to have to re-enter all this data. Any help is appreciated. Thank you! signed, -worried

Answers

• tanager3577
    tanager3577 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    P.S. In another report, it seems to be randomly excluding both manually entered AND downloaded transactions, and including others (in the same category). Has anyone else had this experience? Has anyone managed to fix it? Thank you!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are all your transactions categorized correctly? And are all your tax-related categories marked as "tax related" and have a proper tax line item assigned to them?
    Are recently downloaded transactions marked reviewed?
    Does the Date Range selected for your reports correctly include the entire year 1/1 - 12/31/2022?
  • tanager3577
    tanager3577 Member ✭✭
    Thank you - yes I have checked each of those things already ~ and for some transactions, if I change the category and then change it back again, it will appear in the report - however even this is not consistent. I have had increasing troubles with Quicken this past year- anyone else? Thanks again.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Which report(s), specifically, are you seeing this with.

Reason for asking: if this happens to be an older report using the old Category Summary report, it is known to have data issues (and there are newer, and more accurate, alternatives).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • tanager3577
    tanager3577 Member ✭✭
    Yes I believe it is an older summary report - (I reuse the same reports each year and update the year) -can you point me to a newer solution? Thanks!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Use any of the reports on the Reports menu, or click Reports in the main window menu bar, except the few under "Other Reports"; those are the ones which use the old reports engine. For a category summary report: from the Reports menu, select Create Summary Report, click Continue to Customize, set your date range, and generate the report. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.