Quicken Fails to Open After Update

Chieftom
Chieftom Member
When I opened Quicken Premiere today it did an update and since then quicken will not open. I have rebooted.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Chieftom said:
    When I opened Quicken Premiere today it did an update and since then quicken will not open. I have rebooted.
    Hello @Chieftom,   

I am sorry about these issues with launching the program. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

You may try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • I have the same problem. After an update the program will not open. The reinstall option seems onerous. Do I have to do it this way?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. After an update the program will not open. The reinstall option seems onerous. Do I have to do it this way?

Quicken crashes, hangs or loops at startup?

Please try this:

• Reboot Windows.
    • Close Quicken (or do not start it at all).
    • Use Windows File Explorer to locate and rename your current Quicken data file. For example, if it's called Qdata.QDF rename it to QdataX.QDF
      Usually your file is located in your C:\Users\_your_username_\Documents\Quicken folder.
    • Having done that start Quicken as usual from the Start Menu or Desktop Quicken icon.
      If Quicken cannot find your current data file during startup it should just simply load the program and give you either a nearly blank menu screen or one that has options to start as new user, restore from backup, etc.
    • If you get to this point without Quicken crashing
      • click on File in the Menu bar. Select the Validate function. Select the renamed Quicken data file and see if Quicken can access and repair it.
      • If the data file is beyond repair, try to restore your data file from the most recent Manual or Automatic backup. Go back to restoring successively older backups until you find a file that works
        https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data
  • CWL7454
    CWL7454 Member
    After extracting files it opens a window which has 2 steps; which you cannot bypass or uncheck step 1.: uninstall previous version of Quicken - which you were told to do in troubleshooting and step 2 is install & update. Stops during step 1uninstall because there is now no previous to uninstall. Why can't I just download the file? The patch was no help.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest using the Revo Uninstaller Free portable version (https://www.revouninstaller.com/start-freeware-download-portable/) to clean up the failed Quicken installation and then reinstall.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.