Changing Categories and Payees from within reports not updating

jlspitzer
jlspitzer Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Reports (Windows)
Is anyone experiencing an issue where changing Categories or Payee names in Reports is not working? After I run the report, the first change may work, but subsequent change actions are not being captured.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jlspitzer said:
    Is anyone experiencing an issue where changing Categories or Payee names in Reports is not working? After I run the report, the first change may work, but subsequent change actions are not being captured.
    Hello @jlspitzer,   

I am sorry about this problem with changes made to the Categories or Payee names not translating into Reports results. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

I haven't been able to reproduce these results, but I may need some more information in order to diagnose this issue, further. First, what kinds of changes are you trying to make to the Categories or Payee names, and what steps are you taking when making these changes? Also, are you noticing that the changes are still being displayed properly when you navigate to the Category List in the Tools menu at the top of the screen, for example? 

I look forward to hearing your answers, and I hope to work with you further on this issue, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jlspitzer
    jlspitzer Member ✭✭
    Hello Jared, Here it is step by step.
    1) I run a report for Spending by Category or Spending by Payee.
    2) When I open the report, I now noticed that the Payee(in both reports) comes up in Description.
    3) Whether I want to change the category or the payee, I highlight one or more of the line items.
    4) I right click and select either Recategorize Transaction(s) or Rename Payee(s).
    5) A new window opens to select a new Category or a field to enter a new Payee.
    6) I make the selection and click OK.
    7) Window closes, but no updates are made, in the report or in the account ledger.

I notice that in the reports(only) the Payee name is coming up under a column titled Description. There is no Payee column and there is no option for Payee column in the settings.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jlspitzer said:
    Hello Jared, Here it is step by step.
    1) I run a report for Spending by Category or Spending by Payee.
    2) When I open the report, I now noticed that the Payee(in both reports) comes up in Description.
    3) Whether I want to change the category or the payee, I highlight one or more of the line items.
    4) I right click and select either Recategorize Transaction(s) or Rename Payee(s).
    5) A new window opens to select a new Category or a field to enter a new Payee.
    6) I make the selection and click OK.
    7) Window closes, but no updates are made, in the report or in the account ledger.

I notice that in the reports(only) the Payee name is coming up under a column titled Description. There is no Payee column and there is no option for Payee column in the settings.
    Hello @jlspitzer,           

I am sorry about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open, then proceed through the steps listed below, in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Let us know how this works, if you get the chance to check back in with us. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

This discussion has been closed.