What must i do to NOT show an old (inactive) account in the category pull down list when ...

hansjhermans
hansjhermans Member ✭✭
entering a transaction? The specific accounts are marked as hidden and hidden categories should not be displayed.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your title references "account", while your message references "categories".
    SO, which are you asking about?  An account isn't a category.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• hansjhermans
    hansjhermans Member ✭✭
    Sorry for the confusion. The 'category' column in the transaction references an account [bank]. The account has been closed. The pull down list of transfer accounts shows the closed account. In the categories i cannot hide the accounts.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that a new transaction that you're trying to create ... or a old one from before you closed the Bank account?
    And, just because an account is closed doesn't prevent you from making/changing transactions in, or into, that account.
    And you're right, closed/hidden accounts still show in the Category list in case you need to make corrections to those accounts.

• hansjhermans
    hansjhermans Member ✭✭
    What is the purpose of hiding accounts if you still want to reference them. Once an account is hidden and closed, it should not appear in any list anymore. That is only confusing and reflects bad practice. If they permit hiding in the category list, you control whether you still want to see it.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re-read my last paragraph of the prior reply.  I've already answered the question of your 1st sentence.
    In all, it's simply a matter of preference.

This discussion has been closed.