Can I buy multiple license's subscriptions while on Sale

Options
Upon searching for Quicken Premier, I have found a 1 yr license on Sale.
Can I buy Two of these.... use one license now; put the other physical CD/case on a shelf to use a year from now?
If I understand correctly, I can only add a license within six months of expiration... so license number two would sit on my shelf till a year from now.
Do-able?

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can I use a retail copy of the Subscription Release of Quicken to extend my membership?
    Yes, but you can only redeem the activation code in the retail copy to extend your subscription in the last six months of your current subscription term.  Note: Activation codes expire 24 months after being generated.

Quicken Subscription Membership FAQs
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    So, buying two --
    #1 will extend my subscription, no problem. Activation code was created within two years, clearly.
    #2 license, to be used 12 months from now.... I run the risk it may have been created 12 months ago; therefore could be (maybe, variable) approaching the two-year time line? And may not work.... but it may also work with no issues... a Risk?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem is that there's no expiration date stated on Activation Codes though if purchased from a legitimate retailer (with proof of purchase), Quicken Support is supposed to issue a new activation code.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The other thing is that you have to make sure that the deal you are getting is NOT for "new users".  A new user is defined as a Quicken Id that has NEVER had a Quicken subscription activated against it.
    I'd be reading the first box real carefully before I bought the second box.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see sales coupons that are 40% off for NEW USERS ONLY through the end of January, 2023. 
  • Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought one on eBay a couple of years ago and when I tried to activate the extend my license the error code said the activation key had expired. I don't think you can use a subscription code older than 1 years so I wouldn't buy two right now. I think one will work for this year but the other will fail next year. That has been my experience.
This discussion has been closed.