QFX File Import Won't Work

Options
Rockchuck34
Rockchuck34 Member
Trying to import QFX file from bank. When I import, I get a message that 0 transactions have been imported. I downloaded file to excel spreadsheet and the transactions are there. Can anyone help?
Tagged:

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is an announcement here on the forum about some .QFX files from some FIs not importing, your FI maybe one of them.
    As a test, you could edit the .QFX file and add a letter to the end of the FITID field entry of each transaction to make sure it is probably different from any previously entered FITID in that account to see if that helps.  Quicken remembers the FITIDs to prevent dups, so changing it will get around that filter.
    Make a backup before doing this in case something goes really wrong, it shouldn't, but it better to be safe than sorry.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @splasher - Thank you. This helped me with Vanguard, with a twist. Adding a character at the end did not work but finding a zero and replacing with a one in the same column (character #) in every FITID did the trick.

Not sure if this is a Quicken or Vendor issue, but every one of the FITIDs were already unique. Vanguard is new to me as of 1/1/23.

-Carey

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    imdcareys said:
    @splasher - Thank you. This helped me with Vanguard, with a twist. Adding a character at the end did not work but finding a zero and replacing with a one in the same column (character #) in every FITID did the trick.

Not sure if this is a Quicken or Vendor issue, but every one of the FITIDs were already unique. Vanguard is new to me as of 1/1/23.

-Carey
    If adding a character didn't work, it was probably at the max length of the field and ignored, so changing an existing character would remedy that issue.  Good detective work.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.