How to change login and password for checking/savings and credit card?

Options
Hi, I have changed both the login and password for both my checking/savings account (Express Web Connect) and my credit card account (different company--Direct Connect). Please let me know how I can make these changes, thanks. Quicken Premier R45.21 on Windows Home 10.0.19045.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Nicole .  Back up your data file before proceeding.

Since you want to change both the UserIDs and PWs, the following process applies to both the EWC and DC accounts:  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > OK.  After all accounts have been deactivated do Add Account for each Financial Institution and when the process prompts you, make sure to Link the downloads to the accounts you already have set up in Quicken.

A couple of suggestions/comments:
    • Sometimes when setting up a new online services connection, the Opening Balance transaction date and/or dollar amount might get changed.  To make it easier to know if/when this happens, enter the transaction date and dollar amount in the Memo field of that transaction.  Repeat for each account.
    • Sometimes during this process there will be transactions entered into the account register that are duplicates of what was previously entered.  If/when this happens, the duplicate transactions will need to be manually deleted.  Generally, if this happens, duplicates will not go back more than 90 days from the current date but it could be more or less than this.
    Let me know if this worked for you of if you have any questions.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.