Support has told me my file is corrupt and need to start a new file. Can I export all my categories

Options
cbenson6191
cbenson6191 Member ✭✭
I have had no success with downloading Chase accounts so was on hold for quite a long time a month ago and person told me I need to start a new file. How do I hold on to all my history if I start a new file? Can I transfer various accounts to maintain history? If not, how do I move all my categories over to a new file vs starting from scratch?

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you don't have investment accounts (they don't transfer as well), you could try doing a .QXF (X in the middle) export and do the import into a new, empty file and save all of your existing data.
    The .QXF file export and import are on the File menu.  Nothing is lost but your time in trying this and if it works, it is a whole lot better than starting from scratch with just a set of imported categories (which can be exported and imported).

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you don't have investment accounts (they don't transfer as well), you could try doing a .QXF (X in the middle) export and do the import into a new, empty file and save all of your existing data.
    The .QXF file export and import are on the File menu.  Nothing is lost but your time in trying this and if it works, it is a whole lot better than starting from scratch with just a set of imported categories (which can be exported and imported).

• cbenson6191
    cbenson6191 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Splasher, I'm going to try this. I really appreciate your help. Do you know if they will get the issue with Chase resolved?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Chase downloads works for some users and not for others.  With your new file, maybe you will be lucky and be in the works group.  Treat it like a completely new setup and go through whatever you need to do on the Chase website again with the new file, don't assume that anything carries over from the old file.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @cbenson6191, have you tried deactivating online services for your current Chase accounts, setting up new accounts and then activating online services? You can move all the transactions from the old account to the new one.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.