searching for a biller name in my register, results only appear for prior transactions, not future

stark26
stark26 Member
edited February 2023 in Reports (Windows)
Since yesterday when I search for a biller name in my register, results only appear for prior transactions, not future ones. I've always been able to see past and future before. Not sure what I did, but any help will be greatly appreciated.
This only happens for my checking account, not my savings account.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    I'm not experiencing that problem with R45.21, the latest release available.  I take it you're referring to the "Search" box in the upper left-hand corner of the register?  I guess all I can suggest is the obvious: you've hit the "Reset" button, the filter is showing "All dates", the biller name "in the future" is exactly the same as the biller name?"  It's hard to think of anything "you" could have done here except use a different name.
  • stark26
    stark26 Member
    No matter what I choose, amount, biller name, last year, this year it only shows me cleared transactions. Thanks for your help Tom.
  • Tom Young
    As an experiment, why don't you try clearing one of those future transactions?  If that works, i.e., Search finds it, that might suggest something, like some file corruption or program corruption. 
  • stark26
    stark26 Member
    It appears that when I entered the reminders, something I did makes it impossible for me to clear, reconcile, etc. from the register. Little back story, I deleted all my reminders and reentered them on January 1st. This is when I started having problems. If I go up to 2022 I can still right-click and change clear, reconcile, etc. But now I can't do that in 2023. Like I said, I must have screwed something up. I really appreciate you taking the time to try to help me.
  • Tom Young
    I'm wondering here... Are those future transactions actually posted in the register or do you have transactions that show up in the register but aren't actually there?  That is, if you click on the little clock next to the gearwheel, does it show "Don't show reminders", or have you told Quicken to show reminders in the register?  I think that can result in what you're seeing.
  • stark26
    stark26 Member
    I have show reminders for 12 months out. I'm done for tonight. I'm off on Friday so I'll sit down and try to figure out what I've done. Thank so much Tom!!!
  • Tom Young
    I've never had Reminders show in the Register that weren't actually "there", i.e., physically posted to the Register.  But I tried showing future reminders and I did get results that were very similar to what you've experienced.  It wasn't a matter of "cleared", it was entirely a matter of "actually entered" in the register.  So I did see a couple of "future transactions" that were actually entered in the register and not cleared, but I didn't see the future entries that I could see before the "Search" that were visible only because I'd told Quicken to show Reminders for the next 12 months.
This discussion has been closed.