Quicken Dropped a Transaction

Options
Downloaded seven months of bank account data yesterday. Account had been reconciled with no issues previously. There were download delays, seems to be a known issue. When finally able to use the file (there was a crash but no data lost), found that the account was now $60 too high vs. bank reconciliation.
After comparing to a back-up file found that Quicken had dropped the first transaction in the file, from 25 years ago.
All back to normal now, but wanted to point this out to others. Fortunately had some back-ups for comparative purposes, otherwise this would have driven me crazy.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For whatever reason, never explained, Quicken has been known to affect the Opening Balance entry of Accounts from time to time.  It's a good idea to have the Opening Balance of all Accounts recorded in the Memo field of a second, zero-dollar transaction with the same date as the Opening Balance.
  • pjahed
    pjahed Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. It is not a change in the Opening Balance entry. It is actual bank transactions which were recorded and reconciled before that drop out later.
  • timberfarm
    Options
    I have 2 years of very basic expense and income transactions recorded in rental property accounts, and I noticed a couple days ago that I am now missing transactions from early 2021 on all accounts. How do I get them back?
This discussion has been closed.