Downloading 'pending' transactions messes up balance

paul_jr
paul_jr Member ✭✭
Very irritating. You guys brought back pending transactions and the code is not ready for primetime yet. [Removed - Rant]

Come on guys. You are dealing with your customer's data. [Mess]ing it up just is not cool.

Comments

• Steven
    Steven Member ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I noticed this this morning, too. Immediately wrong again for Alliant.

Looking at the pending transaction list, Quicken is showing pending transactions for things back to October of last year which have already cleared.

FWIW, Alliant is always problematic. It continuously duplicates transactions from about a month ago. I've gotten to the point where I carefully look at the transaction dates and delete the ones that are more than a week old instead of accepting them.

I'm not sure how much of the problem with the pending transactions (which result in showing the correct balance in the register but a larger balance in the account sidebar) are a result of the other problems with Alliant.
  • trogdond
    trogdond Member
    Experiencing the same issue (with BofA) Pending transacations back to October 2022?? Hope they get this fixed quickly!
  • MasonHickory
    MasonHickory Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Five pending Chase Visa transactions appeared this morning with Quicken Version R45.21, Build 27.1.45.2 (Windows 11 Home). Three of those pending transactions cleared in October 2022. The other two are for January 5, 2023, and have not downloaded previously. I also see no way of deleting those "pending transactions" that are clearly an error.

I have ALSO found that on another Visa account (Amazon credit card) that it now shows a pending transaction that CLEARED in September 2022. I have now spent the morning looking at all Quicken transactions, going to online accounts for verification purposes, etc. Not how I expected to spend the morning. Please resolve.

It is now several hours later and Quicken now shows in one credit card account 6 pending transactions for 1//5/2023 and they are all the same charge! One charge of $10.70 is duplicated 5 times. It is getting worse - not better. I did not go to Bojangles 6 times in one day! :-(
  • Rich-Vegas
    Rich-Vegas Member ✭✭
    Need a switch for pre auths - messing up my accounts!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Need a switch for pre auths - messing up my accounts!
    There is a way to turn off the pending transactions.
    Click on this icon at the bottom of the register:

And then in the popup click this:

And then finally:

EDIT:  Correction.  This doesn't turn off the pending transactions.  It just affects the online balance.

I'm going to mention this because R46.9 just came out at the same time they turned this on.  I'm still on R45.21, so this seems to be something they can turn on and off at the server level without updating Quicken.

To hide the pending transactions, select this icon at the bottom of the register:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jbulldog13
    jbulldog13 Member ✭✭
    This just messed up my account today as well. They had this same issue a few months ago and removed the pending transactions. Now they brought it back and it messed up my whole account. I used the mobile app on my phone to enter my receipts when out shopping and came up and ran update and now it is all messed up. It was working perfectly fine last week, why change things if you are not ready or at least give us an option to say if we want this or not.
  • jbulldog13
    jbulldog13 Member ✭✭
    Also i try to enter my charges and it adds 2 blank lines and is all messed up.
  • William J
    William J Member ✭✭✭
    What happened to the check box in setup to not display?
  • MasonHickory
    MasonHickory Member ✭✭
    I have tried to check for updates and am told that what I have - Quicken Version R45.21, Build 27.1.45.2 - is the latest, there is not update. Both my VISA accounts are all messed up. This is 2 weeks before my Quicken auto-pay for the subscription goes into effect.
  • MasonHickory
    MasonHickory Member ✭✭
    Don't do what @Chris_QPW said at 2:04pm today...I just did and LOST all my January 2023 entries (6 days) in Quicken, entries that had cleared and reconciled.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Don't do what @Chris_QPW said at 2:04pm today...I just did and LOST all my January 2023 entries (6 days) in Quicken, entries that had cleared and reconciled.
    Well, all I can say is that didn’t happen to me.  I notice that some people mention using Sync to Mobile/Web. I don’t use it, but can see how it might be part of the problems. I also don’t use Quicken Bill Manager.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • paul_jr
    paul_jr Member ✭✭
    Day #2 of the pending transaction problems for me, with another batch of new symptoms. The pending transactions are duplicated. When I attempt to weed out the duplicated transactions, that brings a new collection of problems: 1. I select a pending duplicated transaction, with blank cleared status. 2. I tell quicken to delete the transaction. 3. Quicken confusingly says that I am attempting to delete a R (reconciled) transaction (again, the selected transaction is a duplicated, pending transaction that has a blank cleared status. 4. I tell Quicken to go ahead and delete it. 5. The selected transaction is not deleted, but the total on the register is reduced by the amount of the duplicated transaction. 6. I conclude that Quicken has removed a different transaction than what was selected. Yuck.
  • William J
    William J Member ✭✭✭
    Running R45.21
    Build 27.1.45.21

Just showed up at bottom of screen.
    Click on hourglass for options, including hide.
  • jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well, that's 30 minutes of my life I will never get back again. One of my checking account balances suddenly didn't agree with the balance in the accounts bar (it was an exact $200 off). Couldn't figure out why, until I noticed the hourglass at the bottom of the register (when did that happen? Did Quicken really change my account settings without my approval?). Sure enough, turning off pending transactions fixed the discrepancy. 

These kinds of features should be "opt-in" rather than just set for us. Look at all the other posts with confused users when this change took place.
  • stmalia
    stmalia Member ✭✭
    I'm seeing lots of random pending transactions, some of which are ~4 months old and match reconciled transactions already in the register. In my case the pendings aren't showing in the register itself, just in the 'Pending Transactions' window at the bottom of the page - my register balance isn't impacted either. Accordingly, this is really more of a nuisance than anything else - what I don't understand is there doesn't appear to be any way to do anything with the transactions that show in the pending window - I can't make changes to them, delete or otherwise indicate they've already posted, etc. Not sure I understand the point of this feature as it just seems to show inaccurate information that can't be adjusted/corrected.
  • William J
    William J Member ✭✭✭
    BE CAREFUL!!!!

My account balance is still incorrect.
    There is still a major coding issue.
    My balance is incorrect.

A test, deleted pending transactions, do not actually delete.
    But a balance adjustment is shown.
  • paul_jr
    paul_jr Member ✭✭
    Screen shot of duplicated, pending transactions.
  • camps00
    camps00 Member
    My pending transactions are now in my register 5 times for each transaction and will not let me delete. If they don't correct this immediately, I will no longer use Quicken. This is a significant defect that needs to be corrected ASAP.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    FWIW, I'm running R46.9 updated from the Mondo Patch website. Pending transactions feature is not activated in this version.
  • jmkdae
    jmkdae Member ✭✭
    I'm running 43.32 and guess what? Pending transactions started showing up yesterday. So bizarre. Must have been code in there all the time? Activated after the first of the year?

Quicken never ceases to amaze me in the ways and manner that it screws up.
  • JonBattle
    JonBattle Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    12:01pm CST - this appears (for me) to be fixed. No more pendings and account bar totals equal ending balances as they should. I did need to enter a balance adjustment on a credit card account to make things right.
  • paul_jr
    paul_jr Member ✭✭
    The problem seems to be solved because this morning I downloaded my transactions from my financial institutions and all accounts balanced to the penny, and no pending transactions were downloaded let alone duplicated pending transactions. My version of Quicken (Deluxe) is R45.21.
  • FYI I had a pending transaction pop up the other day. I have not seen them before. It stayed there in the pending tab even when the actual transaction was matched to my register. Since I could not click on the hourglass icon for some reason, I decided to do a validate and repair the file and luckily that fixed the issue and removed the pending transaction.
  • jbulldog13
    jbulldog13 Member ✭✭
    It is working for me now also. I updated my version and that worked. To update I had to got to the website to download the update. When I tried from the app it said i was updated.
This discussion has been closed.