Tax Planner lost Estimated taxes paid for 2022 once it turned 2023

Sara07
Sara07 Member ✭✭
It show tax year as 2022, but under Tax Payments it says Qucken Data (from 2023) and it's all zero'd out!

Seems to me last year there was an issue in the roll over. People who pay Quarterly need both current and past year always to retain data since we don't make 4th Quarterly payment until January of the following year. Can this be fixed please?

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Try this workaround, courtesy of superuser @Boatnmaniac ; it has worked for me.
    1. Open Tax Planner.
    2. Set the tax year back to 2021.
    3. Close Tax Planner.
    4. Open Tax Planner.
    5. Set the tax year to 2022.
    See whether that restores your 2022 data to visibility. It will only last for the duration of the Quicken session. If you close Quicken, you'll have to redo the steps.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found that depending on the QWin release, you may need to close and reopen the Tax Planner after step 5 above.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Tommy
    Tommy Member ✭✭✭
    This does not work for me on version 45.12 tax year 2021 has disappeared. Current choices are 2022 or 2023. However, 2023 cannot be selected.
  • Sara07
    Sara07 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your input. Since yesterday, it no longer shows 2021, but did then. Now it only shows 2022 and 2023, but will not let me select 2023, only allows selecting 2022, and it still pulls the 2023 estimated taxes, which are $0.
    Appreciate your input though.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Keep an eye out for the R46.9 version to be posted on the Mondo Patch web page. It has the Planner update. With still more testing needed to verify the numbers, 2022 looks intact and 2023 looks reasonable.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    @markus1957 Hopefully, version R46.9 fixes the global find & replace issues in R45.  Otherwise, a dilemma is created (tax planner or a working find & replace).

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• markus1957
    @markus1957 Hopefully, version R46.9 fixes the global find & replace issues in R45.  Otherwise, a dilemma is created (tax planner or a working find & replace).
    Investment accounts are still not incorporated in Tools>Find/Replace so I don't think that issue is resolved.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    @markus1957 that certainly creates an issue.  I've submitted 2 tickets for the find/replace issue.  It's almost as if Quicken support is not acknowledging a problem.  Maybe a ticket should be resubmitted under the R46.9 version.  I would have expected Find/Replace to be resolved when they also fixed the font issue for FIND/Replace pop-up window.  I guess it's back to manual estimated tax calculations.  :s

• markus1957
    @leishirsute Based on the pull-down menu not displaying any Investment categories when Category is chosen as a search option, I suspect the change was by design. I find that makes Search less useful but Quicken developers must think otherwise. 
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    That destroys the concept of a global search.  The good news is that most of the fields in the tax planner can pull in 2023 info even when 2022 is selected in the dropdown for the year.  2023 displays a selection item in the dropdown but can't be selected.

This discussion has been closed.