Account balance on left summary isn't the same as the balance in register

JPark
JPark Member
4 of my bank accounts show a far different balance on the left hand side summary, different then the actual balance in the register, thru today's date. First time I've seen this. And it's not all one bank. 3 or 4 different banks. They reconcile fine. The register shows the right total but the left hand summary is way off. Please help.

Comments

• dwm
    dwm Member ✭✭
    Saw issue today also.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there future transactions in the register?  The Account Bar can be set to show either Ending or Current balance.  Then there is also the possibility of pending transactions causing an issue.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jcalisher
    jcalisher Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    check your beginning balance and/or look for duplicate transactions. I've had Quicken validation reset it the beginning balance a few times. I realize that this is probably not your issue, but just an FYI.

In the last week I've had a few transactions duplicated. (I think that they were CC payments - so there were probably corresponding checking trans)

I found that the easiest way to locate the duplicates was to export the transactions to excel. (Or a text file) -delete the duplicates when you find them.

------------------
    1/6/2023 - 4:40 PM

THE FOLLOWING APPLIES IF THE ACCOUNT TOTAL ON THE LEFT DOES NOT MATCH ONLINE OR ENDING BALANCE OF AN ACCOUNT,

in addition to above, if you don't find duplicated transactions:

I noticed a new feature (I'm guessing) -
    along the bottom of the register to the left of "ending balance" the is an hourglass. There is also a down arrow (triangle) to the left of "online balance" and "ending balance" that seems to explain it. it lists, pending transactions. If you click the hourglass next to ending balance, it will toggle the inclusion of the pending transactions in the balances along the left. If you have entered these transactions in your register, it will double up the transactions.

click on the options both areas to check out the information provided. depending on what you've selected with the hourglass, will determine what info is displayed with the information icon next to online balance.

Quicken user since 1989

• cr.stagg
    cr.stagg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    > @splasher said:
    > Are there future transactions in the register?  The Account Bar can be set to show either Ending or Current balance.  Then there is also the possibility of pending transactions causing an issue.

Set for current balance.

FYI no pending transactions in either account. First account has had no transactions since 12/21/2022. Second account in error has had no transactions since 10/20/2022.
  • WITELITE
    WITELITE Member ✭✭
    Same issue here on credit card account and checking account
  • rec02135
    rec02135 Member
    Same issue today with a credit card account. Summary balance greater than register balance
This discussion has been closed.