Why does the Quicken "Account Balances" report now show multiple columns and the wrong totals?

Options
Nick99
Nick99 Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Reports (Windows)
I went to Quicken/Reports/Net Worth & Balances/Account Balances. It used to show the account balances as of a single date in a single column, and it tied back to the account list values perfectly. Now, there are 13 columns all with the same date, but showing different values in each column, and none of the columns agree with the actual account balances in the account list. Any ideas?
Tagged:

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is the Interval set to at the top?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Nick99
    Nick99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @splasher: I tested in various scenarios with different intervals including "None," "Month," and "Year" all with "Date Range" selected as "Earliest to Date." Then I changed the "Date Range" to run from 1/1/2022 to 12/31/2022, and tested each interval again. These all failed to yield an identical result as the value in the account list.

Upon closer examination, it appears that the majority of the discrepancies in account values occurs in some (but not all) of the investment accounts.

I set up a different Quicken profile, loaded it with data, and it correctly output account balances as of a particular date in a single column that matched the values in the account list. So it does not appear to be a software revision issue, per se. Could it be a settings issue?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I don't have an answer, I've never been able to get it to work right and provided my data file to Development a couple times and they never got back to me with a response after they asked for the data file.  I just don't rely on the report for cold hard facts, I get those from my broker who is the one reporting numbers to the IRS anyway. 

• Nick99
    Nick99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @splasher: That's tough - sorry to hear that.

Interestingly, I just went to File/Validate and Repair a File/Validate File and ran the procedure (after creating a new backup). We made some progress. All the content is in one column now. The account balances do not match yet. With a robust software package like Quicken, we should be able to generate reliable reports, and I always have in the past. I'm not done chewing on this piece of dried out gum yet!
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best of luck

This discussion has been closed.