Why won't the category column print on 2nd page of spending by category report

Options
jthompson53
jthompson53 Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Reports (Windows)
I have a monthly spending by category report. All the categories take up 4 pages vertically. There are 12 months in a year, hence the category column plus a column for each month plus the yearly total column. When I get to the months after July, the report won't print the categories on the subsequent pages. It's been a problem for years. At one point it was fixed but I've just lived with it and printed additional months to fill up those pages. Unfortunately that gives a false total when the year is not over. Help please.
Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What version and release of Quicken are you using? R xx.xx (From Help / About Quicken)
    My Spending by Category report, set to Current Year with Monthly columns shows all columns and category names correctly on each page.
    When printing or previewing the report in Portrait mode, all columns span across 4 pages. The category names repeat correctly for each page.
    When printing in Landscape mode, more columns fit on one page and the report only spans across 2 pages, with correct category names on each page.
  • jthompson53
    jthompson53 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'll try that but I have been doing custom dates because I fill in transactions as they come in and usually have some of the next months transactions before I print the report.
  • jthompson53
    jthompson53 Member ✭✭
    Options
    No that didn't work.
  • jthompson53
    jthompson53 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I do have it in landscape mode.
  • jthompson53
    jthompson53 Member ✭✭
    Options
    version 45.21 build 27.1.45.21 where do I find the release? membership valid until 4/23
  • Taylog
    Taylog Member
    Options
    Quicken should do this ... fix!
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am running R46.12 and the Categories print on all pages for me.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't done this already ...

How to Repair Printer Setup:

Try resetting your printer definitions in Quicken and then redefine the printer:

For Quicken for Windows versions 2009 and older:

• Close Quicken
    • Use Windows File Explorer to locate and rename the file
      C:\Users\_username_\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\Quicken\Config\WPR.DAT to WPR.OLD
    • Now set up your printer again, as described below. The WPR.DAT file will be recreated next time you start Quicken.

For Quicken for Windows 2010 until Quicken Subscription (US, 2021) R33:

• Click File / File Operations / Validate and Repair. Select only "Reset Quicken Printer Settings", then click OK.
    • Now set up your printer (see below)

For Quicken for Windows Subscription (US, 2021) R34 and newer:

• Click File / Validate and Repair. Select only "Reset Quicken Printer Settings", then click OK.
    • Now set up your printer (see below)

Printer Setup (all versions):

• Close and restart Quicken (might not be necessary, but it can't hurt)
    • In Quicken click File / Printer Setup / For Printing  and visit all selections as needed
      (a) for Reports,
      (b) for Checks,
      (c) for Invoices [Quicken HB&R users only]
      and define your printer.

If you're printing checks, do not forget to select the correct check style.

• For 3-per-page personal size checks choose "Wallet Checks (Check 21 ...)", not "Wallet Checks" (unless you still use some very old stock from many years ago)
    • For 3-per-page business size checks choose "Standard Checks", not "Voucher Checks".
    • For 1-per-page business size checks with 2 stubs choose "Voucher Checks".
    • Canadian users need to choose between 2 layout styles, e.g., old style "Voucher" vs. new style "Voucher - Image ready".

Additional things to check:

• If you are printing a logo (image) on your checks, click the Logo button and make sure that your logo image file is still where Quicken expects it to be.
    • Also choose the proper features for printing partial pages when using 3-per-page stock.
    • Users of continuous forms on dot matrix printers: Be sure to select "Continuous Forms" instead of "Page-oriented".
    • Laser / inkjet sheet-fed printers: select paper size 8.5*11", standard paper. Do not use any "Auto detect" or photo print settings.
    • If checks print OK on one computer but do not align properly on another computer, compare printer settings, printer port selections and installed printer driver versions.
    • Download and install the latest printer driver directly from the manufacturer's website. The driver that comes with your Windows installation may not be up to date.
    • Make sure that at least one of your printers is marked as Windows Default Printer ... doesn't have to be the one you want to use with Quicken, but you need at least one marked Default Printer
    • In some of the newer versions of Windows 10 you may also need to do this:
      Go into Windows Settings or Control Panel, Printers & Scanners.
      Uncheck "Let Windows manage my default printer".
This discussion has been closed.