How to restore transactions in a regular VISA account

Options
QwikOne
QwikOne Member ✭✭
Using v 27.1 R45.21with Windows 10. Since August 2022 this VISA card (though my credit union) has failed to add new transactions. The other 10 accounts (savings, checking, credit cards, investments), including two Chase accounts, have updated transactions without issue during the same timeframe. I am not certain this issue is different from the many other posts, but wondering how my problem might be resolved. Any help would be most appreciated.

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @frankx, OP has already replied "Benchmark Federal Credit Union", which is "Benchmark FCU" in FIDIR.TXT. And they only support Web Connect and Express Web Connect, per FIDIR.TXT.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @QwikOne,

Is there only one financial institution (apparently your credit union) that is having these issues?  If so, can you tell us the name of that credit union (or if it is more than one - the names of all financial institutions having these issues)?

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• QwikOne
    QwikOne Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's the VISA card from the credit union that will not update. The credit union accounts themselves are updating fine. The credit union: Benchmark Federal Credit Union. I believe in the original post I stated it was only one account.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First off, I'd update to R46. There are a multitude of problems with R45.
    Next, how many Visa transactions are you talking about ... because it may be easiest to input them manuallly.

• QwikOne
    QwikOne Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just updated to R46.12. Ran update on all accounts and again the one VISA account did not add transactions beyond August 3rd. To clarify, Quicken reports that all three Benchmark accounts 'update,' however, only the two actual Benchmark accounts (checking, savings) add transactions while their VISA card does not.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You probably need to  contact the CU about this ... as it's probably something on their end that's stopping the downloads.
    BUT, before you do that, try logging into their website and manually initiating a download from the card account.  That might give you some insight as to where the issue is.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    HI again @QwikOne,

Thanks for the additional information.  As a followup to the data you provided - can you tell me which Credit Union is involved, as well as the connection method that you use to connect to it?

BTW - do not follow the manual download instructions (that were suggested above) before you reply to my request - because that will only mess things up.

Thanks,

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @frankx, OP has already replied "Benchmark Federal Credit Union", which is "Benchmark FCU" in FIDIR.TXT. And they only support Web Connect and Express Web Connect, per FIDIR.TXT.

• QwikOne
    QwikOne Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have Chase accounts too, which I switched to Web Connect(?) when the announcements came out about this new way to connect. I never received word from the CU about needing to change. Yes, a call on Monday.
  • QwikOne
    QwikOne Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @QwikOne said:
    > Using v 27.1 R45.21with Windows 10. Since August 2022 this VISA card (though my credit union) has failed to add new transactions. The other 10 accounts (savings, checking, credit cards, investments), including two Chase accounts, have updated transactions without issue during the same timeframe. I am not certain this issue is different from the many other posts, but wondering how my problem might be resolved. Any help would be most appreciated.

UPDATE: Mystery solved. The CU decided in the second quarter that they would no longer support connecting with Quicken for providing account updates. No reason given. Thanks to everyone for help provided.
This discussion has been closed.