Has Quicken for Windows done anything to improve recording of RMD's

James Petillo
James Petillo Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Investing (Windows)
Has there been any improvements in how to record RMD's and also recording Qualified Charitable Contributions from IRA's. I'm tired of having to use complicated work arounds.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    No, there has not been any improvement. See this Idea post for more information. 
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7864626/improve-handling-of-ira-distributions-including-qcds-and-roth-conversions
    QWin Premier subscription
  • James Petillo
    James Petillo Member ✭✭
    Thanks Jim. I was afraid that would be the answer
  • Snorkle
    Snorkle Member ✭✭✭
    I spent the good part of this morning fussing with QCD and RMD from a Vanguard IRA in order to have information display properly in a tax summary report. The good news was that the transactions downloaded from Vanguard required no modification. For the RMD I only needed to change the IRA account tax type from gross to taxable since I was transferring the RMD into a taxable investment account. For the QCD I needed to create a new expense category with a 1099-R:Total IRA gross distrib. Compared to some of the posts on this topic I did less work but certainly Quicken could be improved to make all this easier.
  • James Petillo
    James Petillo Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your input. I’ll have to try it. Sure wish Quicken would address this issue.
This discussion has been closed.