Quicken is downloading the same number of shares for 4 different securities from Fidelity

sjnap1535
sjnap1535 Member ✭✭
I own different share quantities in 4 different securities yet Quicken is showing the same share quantity 30.385 for each security. Is there a bug in the download? How can I fix this?

Best Answers

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓
    It sounds like you may be experiencing the known issue with 45.xx versions, securities comparison mismatch. See this discussion for details and a workaround.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7923420/after-r45-7-upgrade-securities-show-securities-comparison-mismatch-multiple-fis-edited#latest

Edit to add:

Within the linked discussion there is an answer from @Quicken Anja that mentions Quicken is aware of this issue and will be working on a fix. Here is a link to that answer:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20313307/#Comment_20313307

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• sjnap1535
    sjnap1535 Member ✭✭
    This solution worked for me. The erroneous downloaded share balance is now correct and agrees with my account. And Quicken balance is correct. Thanks.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    sjnap1535 said: This solution worked for me.
    Do you know what version you WERE running - and which version are you now running ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    mshiggins said:
    Within the linked discussion there is an answer from @Quicken Anja that mentions Quicken is aware of this issue and will be working on a fix. Here is a link to that answer:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20313307/#Comment_20313307

Yes, dated November 15. Today is December 9 with no resolution.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• sjnap1535
    sjnap1535 Member ✭✭
    The problem was fixed. When I updated, it reappeared with the same quantity of securities for 4 securities that I own. But other securities that I own are updated without any problems.
    I am currently running version R45.13 and the problem reappeared. I found that reverting back to R44.28 fixed the problem for me. Now my problem is that I cannot seem to update beyond R44.28 without this problem showing up.
  • sjnap1535
    sjnap1535 Member ✭✭
    Just updated my software and the problem returned. Very frustrating as I don't feel like I can get update to improve the presentations and handling of the data with this problem showing up. Updated Version r45.21 on windows 10
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's problems galore with ALL of R45 ... I endorse the suggestion to upgrade to R46.9.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• sjnap1535
    sjnap1535 Member ✭✭
    I just updated with the Mondo patch (Release 46.12 was the latest updated release) and I don't see any problems with the shares. Thanks for the help!
This discussion has been closed.