Bond market value calculation

krhelp
krhelp Member
edited February 2023 in Investing (Mac)
I use Quicken Deluxe for Mac. I setup my download from etrade. System calculates market value on stocks correctly. The system treats bonds like stocks so it overstates value. My investment amount appears in shares so it multiplies shares by price. I've categorized the bond as a bond but that still doesn't fix. Help!
Tagged:

Answers

• krhelp
    krhelp Member
    More information. Quicken calculates market value as price x dollar amount of investment (noted as shares). if it's going to do this, it should take the price and divide by 100, then multiply. i've seen several other postings that are related to this issue. has it ever been resolved? chat feature says it's a problem with etrade but based on other posts, others experience the same issue with other brokerages.
  • PapaG
    PapaG Member
    The same issue is occurring with data from Hilltop. Bascically I have to maually set the price by 1/100. Any solution?
  • StillHereInKy
    StillHereInKy Member ✭✭
    I have this issue with bond downloads from First Republic and a Fiserv bank. Seems to be a Quicken (Mac) bug. I will try with Quicken (Windows) tomorrow. I have too many items to manually adjust pricing as the previous poster suggests (good suggestion!)
This discussion has been closed.