Invoice created showing time served x rate possible?

What version of Quicken will allow me to send clients an invoice that shows them hours worked & when with rates, then total due ... to a printer?
I can enter the times manually if required ....
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    @tglv

The feature you need and that @UKR describes is only in Quicken Home, Business and Rental Property version.  I use the subscription version.  I cannot speak to your 2017 H&B version but I am quite surprised that you cannot do what you want and UKR described.

Answers

• tgiv
    tgiv Member
    My current version seems NOT to do this = One Time Payout Quicken Home & Business 2017
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The standard Customer Invoice available with the Quicken H&B feature level does allow you to enter invoice line items representing a quantity and a rate, where quantity is the hours worked and rate is your hourly rate.
    These Customer Invoices can be printed.
    The printable layout of a customer invoice can be customized to some extent to reflect your needs.

Quicken Help! (Quicken for Windows)

If you're unsure on how to do something, you can find more information about a specific task, function, feature or report in Quicken Help.
    To access Quicken Help simply press the F1 key from anywhere in Quicken (or click Help in the Menu bar, then click Quicken Help).
     Once Help has started, use the Search tab to search using keywords, e.g., "buy security".
    Some Quicken view screens may have a blue (or yellow) button with a question mark. Click it to get view - specific help.
    A browser-based version is available here: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Quicken+Windows+Help

After setting up your personal and business bank accounts in Quicken, to get started with setting up a small business start reading here: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Business

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Create invoice items such as "Hours $60", and "Hours $50" where you charge $60/hour and $50/hour respectively.
    Then, add them to the invoice with the appropriate number of hours worked at the particular rate.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• tgiv
    tgiv Member
    Thanks but WHAT version???
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    @tglv

The feature you need and that @UKR describes is only in Quicken Home, Business and Rental Property version.  I use the subscription version.  I cannot speak to your 2017 H&B version but I am quite surprised that you cannot do what you want and UKR described.

This discussion has been closed.