CC-502 Error on Fidelity CC (Elan Financial Services)

Shannon M M
Shannon M M Member ✭✭
The last successful update was on Dec 12, 2022.
I hold my breath every time I open Quicken...

Comments

• Hello @Shannon M M,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue. 

I have located a Support Article that discusses the CC-502 error in more detail and provides some troubleshooting steps to take. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with any troubleshooting steps. 

As per the FAQ: 

If the issue persists

Please Contact Us so we can help fix this issue.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Shannon M M .  Please answer a couple of questions:
    • Which Financial Institution does Quicken show your account is set up with?  Fidelity Rewards Credit Card or Elan Financial Services?  (You can get this information from Account List or from the Online Services tab of Account Details.)
    • Which connection method does it show you are set up with?  (See Account List, Online Services tab of Account Details or the top left of the Account Register directly under the name of the account.)
    • Have you tried any of the troubleshooting processes already?  If so, which ones?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Shannon M M
    Shannon M M Member ✭✭
    And this morning it’s working again after reconnecting.
    FYI- The financial institution was Elan Financial Services and the connection method was Express Web Connect. Keep in mind these settings were working fine before the app update.

Yesterday's time waster:
    I clicked on the “Fix It” button. Nothing changed.
    Then I did an account reset. Nope.

If you know of a way to avoid this situation, please share. Because it will happen again.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good...you are connected with Elan and not Fidelity Rewards.  The Elan connection tends to be much more reliable.
    I have had numerous issues with EWC and EWC+ connected accounts during OSU for many months now.  It is with just one or two accounts (and not always the same accounts) during many (not all) OSUs and often the error code that is returned is CC-502 but sometimes it is some other CC-5XX error code.  And, yes, this sometimes happens with my Elan Fidelty credit card, as well.
    From what i can tell, this happens when OSU might be taking too long and causing one or two EWC/EWC+ accounts to time out and then prompting the error codes.
    "Fix Account" for me usually does not work in this situation because the connection is not really broken.  It simply timed out. 
    Now when I get a CC-5XX error code that affects just 1 or 2 financial institutions I will do Update Now (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now) for them.  In the majority of cases, for me, Update Now will work when OSU did not.  Perhaps it will for you, as well.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Shannon M M
    Shannon M M Member ✭✭
    Thanks! I'll give that a try next time.
This discussion has been closed.