US to Canadian version of starter

RickD
RickD Member
I have used the US version of starter for a long time because it was easier to keep it rather than switch. Is it easy or hard to switch from US version of starter to the Canadian version now

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tested this in quite a while, but when I did, these are the things I remember that you have to look out for.
    First off, the tax lines are all different and given that you can't change the tax line on built-in categories, that might give you problems.

Next, Quicken Windows Canadian doesn't have the ability to change the home currency, so be sure that it is set to what you want before loading it in Quicken Windows Canadian.

The last part is I'm not sure how the Quicken servers will deal with having both a Quicken Windows US and Quicken Windows Canadian subscription associated with just one Quicken Id.  You might want to have a separate one for Quicken Windows Canadian.

Also note that I'm not a Canadian user, I was just able to test this at times because I beta tested Quicken Windows Canadian, and as such there might much more that I missed.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    RickD said:
    I have used the US version of starter for a long time because it was easier to keep it rather than switch. Is it easy or hard to switch from US version of starter to the Canadian version now
    It would be helpful to understand what portfolio of USD and CAD accounts you have in the file. Are you downloading transactions from financial institutions? US or Canadian financial institutions? The situation you have described is not entirely clear.
This discussion has been closed.