Unable to edit or delete reminders imported from Mac Quicken in Windows Quicken

Options
benno
benno Member
I just transferred my Mac Quicken to Windows using the facility provided. All seemed to go great. However, I now see that I have a problem. All imported reminders are uneditable and undeleteable. I have the buttons which seem to allow edit and skip. Neither does anything. When I attempt to delete, the program says "not allowed." Help.

Ben

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    benno said:
    I just transferred my Mac Quicken to Windows using the facility provided. All seemed to go great. However, I now see that I have a problem. All imported reminders are uneditable and undeleteable. I have the buttons which seem to allow edit and skip. Neither does anything. When I attempt to delete, the program says "not allowed." Help.

Ben
    Hello @benno,   

We are sorry to hear about this issue with Reminders that can't be edited or removed. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then follow the instructions provided below, in order:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • benno
    benno Member
    Options
    The first option seems to have worked! Thank you!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    benno said:
    The first option seems to have worked! Thank you!
    I'm curious of what Validate and Repair did.  Did it fix the reminders or just remove them?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • benno
    benno Member
    Options
    It removed the old reminders.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    benno said:
    It removed the old reminders.
    Hello @benno,    

Thanks so much for letting us know how things turned out, and for checking back in with us to let us know what happened when you Validated the data file. I am glad that this particular situation seems to have been resolved.

Feel free to speak with us about any additional questions or concerns you may have.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.