New vanguard cash deposit settlement fund

fmwaz56
fmwaz56 Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Investing (Windows)
Hello,
Vanguard has the option for a Cash Deposit Settlement Fund to hold cash rather than using one of the Money Market funds. I did this transfer on the Vanguard site. When I update my transactions, Quicken shows a sale of the money market fund and a purchase of the AKRE Focus Fund. This is not correct. I think a problem may be that there is not ticker symbol for the vanguard cash deposit settlement fund.

Comments

• ahibler102
    ahibler102 Member ✭✭
    I posted a similar issue on December 26. Quicken does not recognize the new cash deposit account. No resolution suggested yet. I agree..probably a symbol issue with the new Vanguard account.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    [corrected]
    Apparently this is an invitation only pilot program at Vanguard and is implemented as a separate cash-only account, not as a fund new, non publicly traded security. It offers FDIC insurance up to $250,000 and a competitive interest rate. See this information from the  Vanguard website
    https://investor.vanguard.com/accounts-plans/vanguard-cash-plus-account

Since it is a separate account at Vanguard, you would probably have to create a new Brokerage account in Quicken and link that to the Vanguard account. It may take some time to set up at the Vanguard end, but eventually you should see downloads for the new security (see below)

Because this is a pilot, Quicken downloads may not be available yet. Please let us know if anyone gets this working.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    When Quicken encounters a new security after download, it displays a pop-up window asking if it is new or associated with a suggested current holding. It is easy when in a hurry to click Yes and inadvertently match a security rather than create a new one.

To fix it, in Security Details for AKRE, uncheck the "Matched with online security" box. Then do an OSU, you will see the prompt again when you open or leave the Vanguard register. This time click No at the prompt window and create the new security. Check your Vanguard register to make sure the AKRE transactions are correct now.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vanguard conversion (buy/sell) from MMF to cash deposit pop-up appeared on 1/5/23 and presented the option to add a new investment. Once accepted, the transfer completed as expected. PBK12Q799 should be the correct ticker symbol.

• Jim_Harman
    @GeoffG,
    Is the Cash Deposit conversion something you had to sign up for or accept on the Vanguard website, or did it happen automatically?

Is it just a new security in your existing account, or is it a new Vanguard account that needs to be linked in Quicken?
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    It's a relatively new option they released in stages. I signed up early on but switched back after treasury yields increased above the Cash option bank interest rate. For the brief time I had it, it wavered between behaving like cash and a mutual fund.

The SEC 7-day yield on the Federal Money Market fund has been out pacing the cash option interest rate by about a half a percent lately.
  • Jim_Harman
    Is it a new security in your existing Vanguard account, or a new account that receives cash transfers from your existing account? 
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    @Jim_Harman,
    I was offered this from Vanguard (email) sometime in December and navigated to the website to sign up. I expected this to be complete in aboout 3 days, but took closer to three weeks before seeing the option both on Vanguard and first as a download to Quicken. Yes, it is just another security that replaced the Fed Funds MM.
This discussion has been closed.