Report a Problem has a Problem

HJR
HJR Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in Reports (Windows)
I can no longer submit "Report a Problem" with an attachment.  I don' know if it's all attachments or just jpg's, but I'm trying to submit a jpg of a screen shot.  I receive an error similar to: Quicken cannot submit the problem report, try again.  
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    HJR said:
    I can no longer submit "Report a Problem" with an attachment.  I don' know if it's all attachments or just jpg's, but I'm trying to submit a jpg of a screen shot.  I receive an error similar to: Quicken cannot submit the problem report, try again.  
    Hello @HJR,  

We are sorry to hear about this issue with attaching files. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that your data file is located on your computer, and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service. These latter locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage. 

Next, navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the steps listed below, in order:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Let us know about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    The file I was attempting to attach to Report a Problem was stored on my NAS.  I use it for far more complex things then a simple jpg but I moved it locally anyway with no change.  I had run Validate and Super Validate before posting but I decided to run them again immediately after getting the error since I didn't close Quicken and wait 5 seconds before trying again.  Neither found any issues and the problem still persists.  

Any other suggestions?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the past, there has been a problem with Report a Problem if you are attaching log files but one or more of the log files do not exist. You might try de-selecting any log files that are checked and see if that works.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Jim, thanks for the suggestion. However, I noticed on the Report a Problem screen that each log file is actually a link to that file. So, I went through each log name and clicked on it and each opens a file so I think the logs are all there.  I'm also assuming each link is opening the appropriate log file.  I then tried removing all the checkboxes on all the log files and only submitted my jpg and that was sent.  Appears you are on to something. Maybe it's the number of files being submitted.  I'll have to try and uncheck one at a time to see what happens.  Sounds like a Quicken issue.  Thanks again.  
This discussion has been closed.