One Step Update still crashing the program.

Options
I've tried the posted remedies, chatted with Quicken (waste of time - endless questions and no real answers; just canned responses) and have concluded that Quicken is broken. I have version R46.12 Build 27.1.46.12.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    You might want to consider reverting to R44.20 which IMO is the last stable and reliable version.  (Some would argue that R44.28 is the last stable and reliable version but I had some problems with it.)
    You can do this by going to Reinstalling and patching your Quicken Subscription version after your membership has expired [Support Article].  Scroll down and click on September 2022 and then click on the link for Release R44.20.  This will download the Mondo Patch for it.  Save the file and double click on it to start the version downgrade process.  It will revert your current R46.12 installation to R44.20.
    You should note that R46.XX updated Tax Planner to allow one to start using it for 2023 planning purposes, including updating the tax rates and accounting for other miscellaneous tax law changes.  If you revert to R44.20 you will lose the use of Tax Planner for 2023 for now.  When a fix comes out for this issue the 2023 Tax Planner should also be usable, again.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• bulldawg_chemist
    Options
    Thanks for this suggestion. I have reverted to R44.20 Build 27.1.44.20, but no joy on the first attempt at one step update. I am running on Windows 10 Home. Now thinking about migrating Quicken to another CPU.
This discussion has been closed.