Is there any way to delay the invoice email to my customers?

I send 5 invoices to the same 5 customers every month (using copy and paste) on the 30th of every month. This month I will not be in town to access my PC with Quicken on that day. There doesn't seem to be any Invoice functionality in the app. Is there any way I can prepare the invoices before I leave town but have them received by my clients on the 30th?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Great suggestion @Tom Young, but Quicken HBR no longer uses a local email program. The only solution I can think of, is to print the invoices to PDF and email on the desired date.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's clear you use the Business product, which I don't use, so this is simply a shot in the dark.  Microsoft Outlook allows you to set up "draft" messages and then schedule when these messages actually get sent.  I expect other email systems probably have this functionality too, so that might work for you.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    Great suggestion @Tom Young, but Quicken HBR no longer uses a local email program. The only solution I can think of, is to print the invoices to PDF and email on the desired date.
  • ChetOrSteve
    ChetOrSteve Member ✭✭
    Thanks to you both. I hope Quicken someday gives us some Invoicing functionality in the App.
  • Tom Young
    I've certainly seen references in here to emailing invoices out of Quicken HBR and I've always assumed that Quicken used a local email client to make that work.  So Quicken HBR used to work that way but has dropped that functionality?  I assume you can still create an invoice in Quicken, just not email it out?

• Greg_the_Geek
    @Tom Young, Quicken used to use the default email app to send invoices. I don't remember when the change was made but Quicken now uses it's own SMTP server to send invoices.
  • Tom Young
    @Greg_the_Geek  So now, within Quicken, it's "send this invoice via email NOW," or "don't send this invoice via email," and that's it?
  • ChetOrSteve
    ChetOrSteve Member ✭✭
    > @Tom Young said:
    > @Greg_the_Geek   So now, within Quicken, it's "send this invoice via email NOW," or "don't send this invoice via email," and that's it?

So is there a work flow where I can just prepare the 5 invoices as PDFs, email those PDFs to myself, then email/forward them (or i suppose I could Gmail schedule them) for sending on the 30th?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Tom Young said:
    @Greg_the_Geek  So now, within Quicken, it's "send this invoice via email NOW," or "don't send this invoice via email," and that's it?
    Correct.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    > @Tom Young said:
    > @Greg_the_Geek   So now, within Quicken, it's "send this invoice via email NOW," or "don't send this invoice via email," and that's it?

So is there a work flow where I can just prepare the 5 invoices as PDFs, email those PDFs to myself, then email/forward them (or i suppose I could Gmail schedule them) for sending on the 30th?
    If you email the invoices to yourself after creating them, they will be PDF's. (No need to prepare them.) Then as you posted, email/forward them (or i suppose I could Gmail schedule them) for sending on the 30th.
This discussion has been closed.