Cannot download an annual data report (payment - itemized categories) into Excel

Options
yotsuka99
yotsuka99 Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Reports (Windows)
I am trying to download CY2022 annual data report of "Spending - Itemized Categories" into Excel on Quicken (WIndows - Home, Business & Rental Property version R46.12). But, Quicken always crashes. It only went through with 1Q2022; but, nothing else, neither of 2022 Annual, 2Q2022 nor 3Q2022. Is there any way to solve this? I have been a user since 90s and the data is huge. That may be the reason. Your help would be desparately appreciated.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Have you tried backing up then File > Validate and Repair? What is the result of that?

Does it crash running the export or doing the report to Excel?

Next I would try to narrow down the range of dates and accounts that cause it to fail.

Can you run the report for just the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters one at a time? Then try it for the whole year but just selected accounts. In this way you may be able to find particular transaction(s) that cause the report or export to fail.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • yotsuka99
    yotsuka99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you very much for your help, Jim! I have just tried the validation and repair as suggested and received some error Data_Log.txt file. It contains some errors. But, it was not able to solve the problem. As you suggested, I tried to run only a Quarter. It worked only for the 4Q2022, but, not with 3Q nor 2Q. But, there seems that I can download narrower date range. But, I cannot extract the data of whole year. I need the data for non-US tax returns so that I can use them for calculating for tax I owe... But, thank you very very much.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We are trying to find and repair any issues with your data that prevent you from exporting the whole year.

Again, is the problem with running the report or doing the export to Excel?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • yotsuka99
    yotsuka99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jim, thank you very much. Sorry I have not answered to that question of yours. Yes, the crash took place during doing the export to Excel. So, I have the report on the screen. But, I cannot download it into Excel. I found a tentative solution which is to "Copy to Clipboard" by right clicking on the report. It is not 100% solution since sometimes, data separation does not work with some cells. I have to check every cell. But, I really thank you for your help.
This discussion has been closed.