Portfolio not showing correct downloaded balances

Redstar24
Redstar24 Member
I'm using Quicken for Mac, ver. 6.11.3. The updated balances for my kids college fund (a NYsaves 529 account) and my NYS Deferred Compensation (a 457 account) aren't updating with the correct information after Quick Connect download. I have removed the accounts in Quicken and reconnected them. When the windows pop up asking where I want to add the account it shows the correct balances. After everything is complete is shows a $0 balance in the 529 accounts and a $124 balance in the 457 which is incorrect. What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Just to clarify - your cash balance (actual cash - not money market) in the account is what is at issue - not the portfolio value?  Could you give some details about what SHOULD be shown for the actual cash, excluding all investments and money market funds in one of the accounts?

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• Redstar24
    Redstar24 Member
    I want it to show portfolio balance, but there doesn’t appear to be an option to show it.
  • MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2023
    Your portfolio balance shows up in at least two places, so I'm not sure why you are not seeing something non-zero.

Display the Sidebar if you do not already see your list of accounts along the right side of the screen.  Then check your Sidebar preferences:

Choose the Balance style that you want... although today, I see a bug in 6.11 in that choosing Today's Balance or Projected Balance (allowing for future payments/deposits) is showing the same value = Today for investment accounts.  Projected Balance seems broken and only works with Banking accounts.

Anyway... the balance includes total portfolio value based on the last time you did an update.

In the actual investment account at the top right you should see "Market Value as of <date>" which should also give you the current portfolio value...based on last-obtained price quotes.  This is visible whether you are in the Dashboard, Portfolio or Transactions tab for that account.

The register Balance column will show the cash balance.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• I had the settings that your indicated, still isn't showing my balance as of today, I still show $123.73.
  • cjcregan
    cjcregan Member
    I'm having the identical issue on our NYSaves 529 account.
  • Yup, it’s not working for either of our NY Saves accounts either. Funny how I’m getting no comments from Quicken help 🙄
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Just in case it's not clear, this forum is not Quicken Support. You can contact them via text chat daily, or phone weekdays. This forum is fellow users trying to help each other, with assistance from a handful of Quicken moderators — but they aren't official Quicken Support.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.