Detailed Paystub tracking

Options
In the past year I have just tracked what my take home pay has been and not looked into the details of my paystub like taxes, HSA and 401K. What is the best way to change and start entering the details of my pay stub each pay period? Do I need a new file? There have been a few errors in regard to my withholding that I want to be more on top of this year.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the best way would be to create a new paycheck reminder with the correct information, and then delete the old reminder that only has the net amount.

To create the new paycheck reminder, Ctrl+J -> Add -> Income Reminder -> Paycheck Setup wizard -> Gross amount -> Next, follow prompts for the details.  At end, select "I don't want to enter this information" for the "Enter Year-to-Date Information".
    When done with that you will be back on the Bill and Income Reminders window.  You can then select the old reminder and then Delete from the top menu.

I suggest that you make a backup before you start, just in case.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You do not need a new file to start tracking your detailed paychecks. 

You’ll want to create an income reminder using the paycheck wizard.  In the paycheck wizard, enter the typical values for all the amounts. When you receive your paycheck, Enter the reminder in your account register and edit any amounts that vary from the typical value. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.