Reverting to older version

akydd
akydd Member
I worked with support last week to revert to an older release version, updated all the split transaction info, and when I opened Quicken you reinstalled the latest version without prompt and reintroduced the problem. How can I revert back to the prior version. I cannot find the patch your support team gave me to restore to the December 45.21 release which is the latest version without the 10 limit to split transaction bug.

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken Subscription Patches - QuicknPerlWiz

Set the UAC at the highest setting to prevent future updates.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • akydd
    akydd Member
    edited January 2023
    thanks @Greg_the_Geek . Do you know how I can stop Quicken from auto updating Quicken to the latest release?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Set the UAC at the highest setting to prevent future updates.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • danwilcox
    danwilcox Member ✭✭
    UAC? What is this and where do you set it? Also, how do I revert back to the prior update before 46.12 when I lost the ability to post scheduled transactions for loans? Thanks
  • Bill Wayson
    Bill Wayson Member ✭✭
    UAC? It's a Windows thing: User Access Control. Check out https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20332542#Comment_20332542. I am not a Windows user. Prior updates are at https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.html.

For us Linux/Crossover Office/Wine users, UAC doesn't help. I am playing around with temporarily removing Modify permissions on the ~/.cxoffice/<Quicken_Bottle_Name>/drive_c/Program Files/Quicken directory to see if that flat-out stops an update of the program.
  • Private User
    Private User Member ✭✭✭
    There is way to tell Quicken not to automatically update the program. My program never auto updated unless I clicked the install update button when it popped up.
    I tried to find the setting but as I have not renewed my subscription a number of dialog boxes won't present data and the online login window keeps getting in my face.. It's in there somewhere...
    Quicken user since Sep 1990. With a lot of sadness, I switched to something else. Used quicken at least three times a week for 32 years; hard to let go. 35+ years in IT Infrastructure and IT Security. Current Job 31 yrs. Married 30yrs..
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is way to tell Quicken not to automatically update the program. My program never auto updated unless I clicked the install update button when it popped up.
    I tried to find the setting but as I have not renewed my subscription a number of dialog boxes won't present data and the online login window keeps getting in my face.. It's in there somewhere...
    Why are you posting here if you no longer use Quicken (per your sig).

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Bill Wayson
    Bill Wayson Member ✭✭
    Private User, maybe you last ran a pre-subscription version of Quicken? Before Quicken Subscription, yes, users controlled if and when updates were made. However, with Subscription, updates are pretty much forced down (or the way to turn updates off is a well-guarded secret).

It also occurs to me that, given the severity of the lost-splits issue and the number of users affected, maybe Quicken has withdrawn the 46.xx updates. So far, I am running 44.28 just fine.
  • dnfinance
    dnfinance Member ✭✭✭
    UAC setting does not stop Quicken from auto updating.  We need the ability for some of us to sit back and watch rather then routinely encountering problems that are inherent in software updates. 

Please!
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dnfinance said:
    UAC setting does not stop Quicken from auto updating.  We need the ability for some of us to sit back and watch rather then routinely encountering problems that are inherent in software updates. 

Please!
    Set up a firewall rule to block quickenpatch.exe.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Bill Wayson
    Bill Wayson Member ✭✭
    Thanks, mshiggins, for that very useful clue. I simply renamed quickenPatch.exe to quickenPatch.exe000, which so far, has prevented it from running. Now I need to be on the lookout for a patch that fixes this issue.
  • I read today Quicken has released 27.1.47.7. I'm hoping this solves the Forecast issue.
  • Bill Wayson
    Bill Wayson Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately, I don't see the lost splits issue mentioned in the 47.7 release notes (https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-windows-release-notes).
This discussion has been closed.