What's the remedy for not being able to add Fidelity NetBenfefits (401k.com) Account?

Options
Hello,

I have two Fidelity Accounts under the same Username/Email. One is my personal investment account and the other is my employer sponsored 401K account. I was successfully able to add my personal investment account, by selecting "Fidelity Investments" in the "Add Account" prompt. However, when I attempt to add my 401K account, by selecting "Fidelity NetBenefits" in the "Add Account" prompt, the prompt abruptly closes after it is able to connect to Fidelity with my credentials. I have tried creating a test profile but had no luck with that either.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Quicken Premiere (Windows 10)
Version: R44.28
Build: 27.1.44.28
Tagged:

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not all Fidelity 401(k) accounts have Quicken transaction download capability. Your employer has to opt include the Quicken downloading. Have you confirmed the 401(k) has Quicken downloading as an option?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would start by contacting Fidelity NetBenefits to find out if your 401k plan has opted in for Quicken support.  Not all 401k plans do.  If it does not, you will need to contact the 401k Plan Administrator to see if/when it can be added.
    If it has opted in for Quicken support, then sometimes Fidelity NetBenefits has not fully completed the necessary setup for it or needs to "flip some switch" to get it functional.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.