Setting up new account at fidelity for HSA (edit)

Options
pamela77
pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
Good morning, I am opening a new HSA investment account at fidelity.  I have been following along on the problems with fidelity and wondering if there is any guidance on how to do it so that it might work.  Which fidelity bank do connect with?  There are several in the drop down menu.   Any advice would be appreciated, thank you,

Best Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Just use "Fidelity Investments" as the bank name for this Investments type account. 
    And, I have 6 accounts with them recorded in Q ... and NO problems with any of the 6.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    I just used "Brokerage"; since I'm not making any withdrawals from it that works fine. You could also try Roth IRA since it is similarly tax-free as long as you only use it for medical expenses.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which "fidelity" did you open the HSA with?  There are multiple institutions with "fidelity" in the name.

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I opened it at fidelity.com.  My statement has no address, and I can find no address on the website.  I called them for an address because I had to send in a special form and they gave me Fidelity investments in Cincinnati OH, but I didn't see a fidelity in cinncinati on the drop down menu.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Just use "Fidelity Investments" as the bank name for this Investments type account. 
    And, I have 6 accounts with them recorded in Q ... and NO problems with any of the 6.

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I found one labeled fidelity investments mac, but nothing that says just fidelity investments. Is that the right one?
  • Jon
    Options
    It's the right one if you're using a Mac (that's what I have my Fidelity HSA connected to in QMac). On Windows it should just be listed as "Fidelity Investments".

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    pamela77 said:  I found one labeled fidelity investments mac… 
    Are you using Quicken on a Mac ? 
    If so, will have Admin move topic to QMac side of the forum.. 
    Also updated topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, quicken mac, sorry I should have said that before

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, I am in the process of doing it.  Since it is an HSA the taxes are different than a brokerage, but there is no HSA option in the drop down menu on quicken - What might be the closest type of account to use?
  • Jon
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    I just used "Brokerage"; since I'm not making any withdrawals from it that works fine. You could also try Roth IRA since it is similarly tax-free as long as you only use it for medical expenses.

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    thank you very much
This discussion has been closed.