Can I downgrade my QMac Biz&Rental subscription? (Edit)

MikeMos
MikeMos Member
I originally installed Quicken for Mac around 2019 and paid for the "Business & Rental Property" version. The price went up considerably so I started wondering if I really need Business and Rental Property. I am a freelancer, don't have any employees, do receive 1099's each year or get paid by check by clients. I don't think I've ever used any "business" feature of Quicken. And I definitely don't have any rental property.

So I'm wondering if I can downgrade and how that would affect the software and data I have installed currently.

I also noticed their comparison chart says "Business and Rental" isn't available for Mac! What have I been paying for all this time, then?
Tagged:

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Unfortunately, you have been paying for Home & Business for nothing. There is no H&B version for QMac. When you subscribe to H&B, although you have access to the H&B version for Windows, you are only getting Premier on Mac. So you should definitely downgrade.

In addition to Premier, you may want to consider Deluxe. There are very few differences, the primary ones being included Quicken Bill Pay and priority access to Support.

If you are in the middle of a subscription, the only way to downgrade is to contact Quicken Support (link at top of this page). They will tell you if you can downgrade and get a refund for the unused portion or not.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you want to downgrade your subscription before it ends, you'll need to contact Customer Support. Click on the Support link at the top of the page for options on how to go about that.

As a Mac user, downgrading from Home & Business to Premier won't affect you at all - you've really been using Quicken Mac Premier all this time, just paying more for it than you needed to. If you decide to go a bit further and downgrade to Deluxe then you lose access to Quicken's Bill Pay service and you won't get priority access to customer support; that's the only difference between the two.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2023
    Jon said:
    If you decide to go a bit further and downgrade to Deluxe then you lose access to Quicken's Bill Pay service and you won't get priority access to customer support; that's the only difference between the two.
    Those are not the  only two differences between Deluxe and Premier on QMac anymore. See this post  by @jacobs. I don't believe there have been any more premier-only additions since then, but there may be more coming.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Good catch, I forgot about that report.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• MikeMos
    MikeMos Member
    Thanks everyone. My subscription is expiring today and I did not set up auto-renew. So maybe it will let me just pay for a new subscription at the premier rate starting tomorrow. Hopefully this doesn't affect my data and I can just be up and running.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can choose between Premier vs Deluxe based upon the reports you want. 
    Also - when subscriptions expire, a Nag Screen will be plastered over a portion of your Quicken screen. The data file is not affected- 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Ps56k2 said:
    You can choose between Premier vs Deluxe based upon the reports you want. 
    @Ps56k2 In Quicken Mac, there is only one report which is available in Premier and not Deluxe, and it's an obscure one which 99% of Quicken users don't use: the Foreign Bank Accounts Report.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.