Is there a way to transfer mobile data back onto a Mac?

gilbs8402
gilbs8402 Member
I had a very old Macbook Pro, so old that my Quicken Starter subscribtion stopped working on it years ago. So, my only option was to use the Quicken mobile app this is so tedious, but at least still something. I just purchased a new Macbook Pro and want to start using my Quicken subscription on the computer where it's much easier. Is there a way to export mobile data or access the data I've been adding for years on the mobile app back into Quicken on my computer?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Unfortunately no. The mobile app (aka Quicken Cloud data) is designed to be linked to a single Quicken desktop file, and there's no way to create a new desktop file starting from the Quicken cloud data. And there's no way to export it.

However... do you still have the old Quicken data file on the MacBook Pro, or any backup of it? If so, you should be able to move the data file to your new Mac and, perhaps, get it to sync all the data you've entered in Quicken Cloud. Do you know what version of Quicken was last used on the old Mac? Quicken 2015? 2016? 2017? You'd need to install the current Quicken program, have it import your old desktop data file and update it to the current format, and then hope it syncs with your Cloud data. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • gilbs8402
    gilbs8402 Member
    Thank you. I will try that!
This discussion has been closed.