Why do the values of my bills reset to the recurring amount-I edit the instance to actual each month

Options
I have my bill reminders set to occur monthly using an average $ amount. Once I know the actual amount I edit 'this instance only'. I find the value defaulting to the recurring amount when I close Quicken and reopen. I have run validate and repair and that has not helped. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing I can think of to try would be to delete the Reminder, close Quicken, open Quicken, and try setting up the Reminder again.  I take it that this Reminder has worked correctly in the past? 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kk_md said:
    I have my bill reminders set to occur monthly using an average $ amount. Once I know the actual amount I edit 'this instance only'. I find the value defaulting to the recurring amount when I close Quicken and reopen. I have run validate and repair and that has not helped. Any suggestions?
    Once you know the actual amount enter the reminder into your register even if it's not due yet. That should recalculate the average amount for future instances.

This discussion has been closed.