One Step Update Issue

NickOfTyme
NickOfTyme Member ✭✭
Some time back I started to add a bank to One Step Update then decided not to. When I execute the One Step it asks for the banks logon credentials - several times. I keep clicking Cancel and also Back/Cancel but I can't shake it.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• NickOfTyme
    NickOfTyme Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I tried deleting the financial institution and account number in the Edit/delete account. Ran "One Step" twice. No prompt for bank logon...
    Put the acct number back & ran "One Step" again - no prompt. I replaced the Financial Institution name & restarted Quicken. No erroneous prompt. I have no explanation but I'll take it.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may have decided not to, but it sounds like you got it setup anyway.
    Go to Tools->Account List, then select "edit" for the account in question.  That will pop-up the Account Details window.  Select the Online Services tab and click on Deactivate button.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NickOfTyme
    NickOfTyme Member ✭✭
    The Tools/Account List/(institution)/Edit only has an option to "Set Up Now..." (??)
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then I can't explain why you are being asked for the credentials, "Set Up Now" indicates that the connection wasn't made as I thought it might have been.
    You might try doing a Validate (File menu) to see if that fixes it.
    Are you by chance using QMobile/QWeb?

• NickOfTyme
    NickOfTyme Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I tried deleting the financial institution and account number in the Edit/delete account. Ran "One Step" twice. No prompt for bank logon...
    Put the acct number back & ran "One Step" again - no prompt. I replaced the Financial Institution name & restarted Quicken. No erroneous prompt. I have no explanation but I'll take it.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to next suggest creating a new account, copying the transactions from the existing account to the new account and delete the old account, but since you resolved it, no need to.

• NickOfTyme
    NickOfTyme Member ✭✭
    Thank you to all that responded
This discussion has been closed.