Scheduled Transaction sync issues

In the last week when I sync, the scheduled transactions revert back to the future series and drops the single instance. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? This messes up the database.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank U very much. Got a good sync by following your advice.
    Hello @Mike Fitzgerald,   

I appreciate the time you took to get back to us and let us know about how things turned out, and I'm glad to hear that the situation seems to have been resolved. 

Feel free to reach out again with any additional questions or concerns, and have a great day!

Regards,

Quicken Jared 

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    edited January 2023
    In the last week when I sync, the scheduled transactions revert back to the future series and drops the single instance. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? This messes up the database.
    Hello @Mike Fitzgerald,    

We are sorry about this problem with scheduled transactions. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, are all of the scheduled transactions associated with a particular account? Also, do you mean that each time you are trying to create a Scheduled Transaction, the transaction disappears? Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • It happens with multi accounts. There is no screen shot as this occurrs during sync. It say reconcile complete sucessfully, but when I look at scheduled transactions they have dropped any single instance and reverted to the series amount (ie future amount).

It has always let me put in a single instance with future series amount. An example would be a water bill. The upcoming month may be $180 for say June but the following series is an average. Say $100 amonth. It takes all the entries for the various categories, but reverts them to the average series amount when syncing.

I suspect the culprit is in the current version since the new version that is supposed to be out soon mentions correcting a simular issue with sceduled transactions.

In addition I synced with an older version I have on a laptop I take to the beach and it worked fine.

I do get tired of upgrade after upgrade Quicken has to do constantly.
  • Mike Fitzgerald
    Mike Fitzgerald Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I did get a screen shoot and put some notes on it.

• Quicken Jared
    edited February 2023
    Hello @Mike Fitzgerald,   

Thank you for providing further information about the situation. We are sorry that this problem remains ongoing.

I suggest resetting your Quicken Cloud, however, I advise that you sign out of your Web/Mobile applications first, then reset, then sign back in. You may follow the instructions below. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.

1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 

1. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    2. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    3. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    4. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    5. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    6. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)

Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Thank U very much. Got a good sync by following your advice.
  • Quicken Jared
    Answer ✓
    Thank U very much. Got a good sync by following your advice.
    Hello @Mike Fitzgerald,   

I appreciate the time you took to get back to us and let us know about how things turned out, and I'm glad to hear that the situation seems to have been resolved. 

Feel free to reach out again with any additional questions or concerns, and have a great day!

Regards,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.