Setting up Fidelity Brokerage account used as an Elan checking account in Quicken

Options
January 2023: Given the recent difficulty getting Fidelity downloads to update properly in Quicken, does anyone have some instructions on how to properly set up a Fidelity brokerage account that is being used in their Cash Management feature like a checking account through Elan, so that the downloads work properly? What should it look like when you're done?

Best Answer

• mushrmary
    mushrmary Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for responding. Once the Quicken file got corrupted last year I couldn't get the Fidelity account(s) fixed. Most recently both a brokerage account and a checking account was created by Quicken when I tried to do what you suggested. But I just fixed it an hour ago by picking up an early January backup, deleting the messed up accounts, and adding it back in. It appears now the transactions are all coming in as normal. I tried that late last year and it wasn't working, now it appears fixed.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why doesn't clicking TOOLS, Account List, clicking EDIT adjacent to your taxable brokerage account and clicking "Show Cash in a Checking Account" work for you.
    Since all of the transactions come in thru the brokerage account ... where the account is actually held is irrelevant to Q.
    BTW, I've had NO problems with downloading my 6 Fidelity accounts into Q.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mushrmary
    mushrmary Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for responding. Once the Quicken file got corrupted last year I couldn't get the Fidelity account(s) fixed. Most recently both a brokerage account and a checking account was created by Quicken when I tried to do what you suggested. But I just fixed it an hour ago by picking up an early January backup, deleting the messed up accounts, and adding it back in. It appears now the transactions are all coming in as normal. I tried that late last year and it wasn't working, now it appears fixed.
This discussion has been closed.