Please fix the citi bank credit case download issue

This is ridiculous for this not to work. The work around range of dates to an export file is not the answer. If the transaction has already been entered in, the exported transactions show up as new. This is not a work around. If I want to enter my transactions manually, why should I use Quicken. Why not use an excel file instead. I sure hope this gets fixed soon and that you would not bill my credit card for the annual fee when these issues persists, Thank you

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    This is ridiculous for this not to work. The work around range of dates to an export file is not the answer. If the transaction has already been entered in, the exported transactions show up as new. This is not a work around. If I want to enter my transactions manually, why should I use Quicken. Why not use an excel file instead. I sure hope this gets fixed soon and that you would not bill my credit card for the annual fee when these issues persists, Thank you
    Hello "@Mark Peterson",   

We are sorry to hear about these problems with online banking services. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, to be clear: are you noticing that downloaded transactions are not matching with manually entered ones? Are these QFX files that are being downloaded from the financial institution's website? Are you experiencing other online banking errors?

I look forward to seeing your answers.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Michael Lynch
    Michael Lynch Member ✭✭
    What evidence do you have that Quicken is working on the problem. Normally these types of fixes take a few days at best. This issue has been going on for months and months.

Quicken Jasmine just added a comment in Alerts, Online Banking & Known Product Issues: ONGOING 1/30/23 Citibank Citi Cards CC-502/FDP-102
    ONGOING 1/30/23 We do not have an ETA at this time for a resolution for this issue, though our teams continue to work towards a solution. We apologize for any
  • pbpanzer
    pbpanzer Member ✭✭
    Sorry Jasmine, but this problem has been ongoing for at least 9 months. So no offense, but like Michael I do not believe it is being “worked on”.I think it’s just being kicked down the road - indefinitely.
  • PLEASE Fix This!
    This problem largely negates the usefulness of Quicken to me, EVERY other Citibank credit card customer, and many thousands of private-label (Like LL Bean) customers who don't even know they are using Citibank.
    I am sure there are hundreds of thousands - maybe millions - of your customers who are living with this every day.
    But for how long?
    I agree with pbpanzer about the delay and that it appears to be #2 on everyone's priority list.
    I have had to hand-enter every Citicard transaction since May 2022. That's 443 transactions, or 50 a month, EVERY month. I also have to log in directly to Citi every few days to be sure I haven't missed any, or reconciling becomes impossible.
    I, for one, will NOT be giving up my Citibank card account of 55 years.
    But I WILL soon start looking for alternatives to Quicken soon if nothing is done.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Citi Credit Cards only: authorization problems or CC-502

You need to allow Quicken to access your Citi credit card account.
    Follow the procedure at https://citi.com/datamanagement
    This may not work for Citi Checking, Savings accounts

For downloading with OSU you need to select "Citi Cards" as the Financial Institution Name.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:

Citi Credit Cards only: authorization problems or CC-502

You need to allow Quicken to access your Citi credit card account.
    Follow the procedure at https://citi.com/datamanagement
    This may not work for Citi Checking, Savings accounts

For downloading with OSU you need to select "Citi Cards" as the Financial Institution Name.
    CC-502 implies that they are using Express Web Connect, which is currently known to be failing for some people.

The authorizing procedure above is for Direct Connect.  One has to do that authorization, use "Citi Cards" for the financial institution and go into the Advanced options for Adding the account in Quicken and selecting Direct Connect.  Direct Connect isn't the default.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877577/faq-new-citi-cards-process-for-direct-connect

This won't work for Citi checking and savings accounts, because they have to use Citibank as they financial institution, which is Express Web Connect only.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • pcklford
    pcklford Member
    Chris_QPW THANKS! I have spent countless hours on the phone with Quicken support since June 2022, and sent numerous error reports, to no avail. I have even run through the process to allow Quicken access to my Citi account while on the phone with Quicken support, but the process they ran me through did not fix the problem. Following Chris_QPW's instructions, Citi transactions are finally downloading, after 8 months of reporting the problem to Quicken and getting no resolution, and 8 months of having to manually input transactions. Why couldn't Quicken support provide the simple instructions you just outlined? Feeling very grateful for your post which finally, finally, solved the problem.

Just to be clear for anyone else in this situation, the procedure at https://citi.com/datamanagement did not solve the problem for me. It was following Chris_QPW's instructions below that downloads finally began happening again:

The authorizing procedure above is for Direct Connect. One has to do that authorization, use "Citi Cards" for the financial institution and go into the Advanced options for Adding the account in Quicken and selecting Direct Connect. Direct Connect isn't the default.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877577/faq-new-citi-cards-process-for-direct-connect
This discussion has been closed.