How Do I View Prior Loan Transaction Details?

Options
gkr1996
gkr1996 Member ✭✭
I have a discrepancy between my mortgage statement and my Quicken account on my remaining balance. I want to look at previous transactions to see how much was applied to principal, how much to interest, etc. in previous transactions. In other words, I want to see the full register for the loan account, not the silly graphs. How?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the loan is connected to a financial institution and downloads transactions, then there is no loan register available to you.  In order to see the loan register you must deactivate downloading, turning it into a "manual" loan, i.e., a loan that is affected by principal payments made in the checking Account.
    In the loan is a manual loan you get to the loan register by clicking on "Payment Details" in the upper left hand area of the screen.
  • gkr1996
    gkr1996 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. I have to say, this seems like a flaw to me. I don't understand why there would be no register available for downloaded transactions. The bank says I owe one amount, Quicken says I owe another amount, and the only way to figure out where that discrepancy lies is to make it a manual loan?!? Wow. BUT... not your fault, Tom. Thank you.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fiction is that the *correct* amount of adjustment is being sent to your file - who knows better what your principal balance is than the lender? - so why do you need a register?  But since these downloads happen using some version of Express Web Connect, as far as I know, problems do seem to occur, not infrequently.
  • gkr1996
    gkr1996 Member ✭✭
    Options
    In my case, I didn't use Quicken downloads for several years. I just did them manually. Then I subscribed to start the new year. So I think Quicken calculated what the payments would have been based on the original loan info, but fails to account for additional principle payments I made along the way. Clearly the lender is right, but it's an annoyance that I can't correct that, or that Quicken doesn't pick up those previous adjustments. Maybe I should just go back to manual. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.