report not printing categories in bold

ocman
ocman Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Reports (Windows)
I created a few new categories and when I look at the category list they're in bold like the categories that come with Quicken. When I view or print a income/expense report the categories that I made aren't bold like the ones that were pre-made with Quicken.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• ocman
    ocman Member ✭✭
    The categories that I created aren't sub-categories.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which specific report are you working with? I noticed that some reports show top level categories in bold face, others don't while showing subcategories nested / indented by level.
  • ocman
    ocman Member ✭✭
    I created a 3 or so top level categories that show up in bold face it the category list, but when I view/print a report (income/expense comparison by category - year to date), aren't bold face.
  • ocman
    ocman Member ✭✭
    Still looking for an answer...
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The categories which are bold seem to be categories which have subcategories and do not have any transactions categorized to the parent category itself. If any transaction uses the parent category directly, it fails to appear in bold.
    I have no idea why.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the same in the built-in Income/Expense Comparison by Category report - Some top level Categories are bold and some are not. None of the subcategories are bold.

It appears that top level Categories that do not have transactions assigned directly are bold, but if the Category has transactions it is not bold. 

I would call this a bug.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the subcategories are bold.
    Subcategories can be bold if no transactions use them directly. In my file, Home is top-level and Extermination is a subcategory. There are times I'm too lazy to create a new subcat under Home and just use it directly.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.