Flagging a Transaction (Q Mac)

I used to use Quicken for Windows and there was a flagging option which I used to flag transactions that need further follow-up. I don't see it on the Mac version. Does anyone have a workaround?

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2023
    Maybe you could use a tag for that? If you aren't already using tags, then any tagged transaction is going to stand out.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2023
    There is a way to flag a transaction for review in Quicken Mac: Control-click on the transaction, and from the pop-up menu, select Set Status of Selected Transaction to > Not Reviewed. (Or just regular click the transaction with your mouse over the Status column. Or Control-click and press Option-Shift-R.) This will put a blue or orange pencil icon back into the status column, and it will remain there until you come back and changed the status to Reviewed.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jacobs, thanks. I only get the blue dot, which is the same flag for unreviewed downloads, so that's confusing for me. How do you get a "pencil"? Very odd that the Mac version omits the flags.

Jon, thanks for the suggestion. I already use tags, but you can only use one tag.
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The pencil icon is for manually entered transactions. It starts out orange & turns blue when it matches a downloaded transaction.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.