Unable to Install the Current Mondo Patch due to Windows Username embedded “space”(edit)

When I attempt to run the current mondo patch I get error shown in the attached file.

I turned off Windows Virus protection to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions or know what this error means?  

Thank you
   -- Howard

Tagged:

Comments

• HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you, I saw that but since the details for the error were different I didn't try it.  I gave it a try and it worked.  Does anyone know why?  
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that the username portion in your system contains your full name, with an embedded space. When building the path to your Temp folder, this space causes a syntax error (as shown). This seems to be a holdover from old Windows systems using "Documents and Settings\<username>\" paths with a full username. Newer Windows setups use only a single username.
    So, creating a new Admin account in Windows (one that uses only a single name) bypasses the issue.
    Changing the TEMP and TMP path to a newly created folder, e.g., C:\Temp, would also bypass the problem.
    As would, but I don't know how to do it, changing your Windows setup username portion to a single name.
  • HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks again. I appreciate your help as well as the explanation. 
This discussion has been closed.