Cash in Security

Brk65
Brk65 Member
edited March 2023 in Investing (Mac)
In investment under security, I now have a Cash showing with a negative balance. How do I remove this Cash and it's balance? You can not click onto Cash or the balance. This cash doesn't show up anywhere that I can find.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Are you seeing this in the Portfolio view, or the Transactions view? On the Transactions screen, you should be able to see what transaction(s) created a non-zero balance. Once you see where the cash balance came from, we can help suggest how to make it go away, if it's actually wrong. A negative cash balance suggest that you purchased shares of a security, but didn't have a corresponding transaction to sell something (perhaps shares in a money market fund?) to generate cash, or transfer cash from another account. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Are you seeing this in the Portfolio view, or the Transactions view? On the Transactions screen, you should be able to see what transaction(s) created a non-zero balance. Once you see where the cash balance came from, we can help suggest how to make it go away, if it's actually wrong. A negative cash balance suggest that you purchased shares of a security, but didn't have a corresponding transaction to sell something (perhaps shares in a money market fund?) to generate cash, or transfer cash from another account. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Brk65
    Brk65 Member
    Thank you, Jacobs. The negative cash was hidden in the transactions. Somehow they appeared to show up one day in there. They have since been removed.
This discussion has been closed.