A wrong payee name shows up in the All Transactions list

Options
amih0223
amih0223 Member
Hi, please see attached.
The statement lists the payee as 'Jewish Community Center', while the All Transaction displays it as 'Wish.com'.
What's interesting is that the actual Credit Card account list displays the correct name in the list of Transactions. Is this a bug? Thanks.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    The suggested renamed payee might be inappropriate, but I don't think anything here would be consider a bug.

The "Statement Payee" is what the bank is reporting (i.e. Jewish Community Center).

The "Payee" name (Wish.com) as displayed in the "Payee" column, is what has been renamed by Quicken's renaming servers suggesting something more appropriate, or by you renaming it in your data file (either manually, through renaming rules, etc.)  

You can choose to show both columns in a register. It might be that your CC account is displaying the "Statement Payee" column, while the All Accounts is showing the Payee (default and far more common.

You didn't indicate which account that transx screenshot is from (All or for the actual CC), but it clearly shows both the original and renamed payee. 

You didn't indicate which payee is correct, but I assume the JCC is. If Quicken's servers renamed it to wish.com-I can't vouch about the accuracy of them. They use cloud based stats and algorithms to "suggest" appropriate names based on others' habits.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    If Quicken's servers renamed it to wish.com-I can't vouch about the accuracy of them. They use cloud based stats and algorithms to "suggest" appropriate names based on others' habits.
    And incorrect automatic renaming by Quicken's servers can be prevented by creating local QuickFill rules. Creating a rule to rename "XYZ" to "XYZ" solves the problem of Quicken ranting "XYZ" to "ABC".
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.