Can No Longer Reconcile An Account

Options
Peter P.
Peter P. Member
I have only two accounts; checking and savings.
This month I can reconcile my checking account without a problem.
But I discovered I can no longer reconcile my savings account; the Reconcile Account
option in the Accounts menu is dimmed.
Any suggestions? I tried closing and reopening Quicken for Mac but that did not
fix the issue.
Thanks!

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Make sure you're looking at your Savings account and not the Savings account group. You can only reconcile individual accounts.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    To illustrate Jon's answer, in the left sidebar where you see Savings, it's one of the sub-groups under Banking. Under Savings, indented, you should see the name of your actual savings account, like this:

If you don't see an account indented under Savings, the sub-group is collapsed. Hover your cursor over Savings to reveal the ">" icon to the left of the word:

Click on the ">" to expand the sub-group, changing the ">" to "v" and to reveal the account(s) under that sub-group:

As Jon noted, you can only reconcile by clicking on the actual account name, not the sub-group heading.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Peter P.
    Peter P. Member
    Options
    Doh; that's it! The updates that were installed must have closed the pulldown menu, and the pulldown arrow
    whose appearance would have given me a clue, doesn't appear UNLESS I mouse over the Savings Group.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.