GM Financial Auto Loan data download stopped working

Options
MarkinGA
MarkinGA Member ✭✭
I am running Quicken version R47.11, Build 27.1.47.11

I had an auto loan for GM Financial configured in my Quicken that was working perfectly fine when downloading updates. Recently GM Financial changed their login process requiring Multi-Factor Authentication. The username email they required also changed. I wasn't able to just change my username in Quicken's password vault so I've been trying to add a new loan using the new login and I keep receiving the same error message which I've attached here. There is no disclaimer or pop-up they're looking for me to acknowledge when I log in to my GM account using a browser. I suspect their new multi-factor authentication which makes you enter an additional 6 digit code as part of their login process is something Quicken hangs on. Please address this issue.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MarkinGA said:
    I am running Quicken version R47.11, Build 27.1.47.11

I had an auto loan for GM Financial configured in my Quicken that was working perfectly fine when downloading updates. Recently GM Financial changed their login process requiring Multi-Factor Authentication. The username email they required also changed. I wasn't able to just change my username in Quicken's password vault so I've been trying to add a new loan using the new login and I keep receiving the same error message which I've attached here. There is no disclaimer or pop-up they're looking for me to acknowledge when I log in to my GM account using a browser. I suspect their new multi-factor authentication which makes you enter an additional 6 digit code as part of their login process is something Quicken hangs on. Please address this issue.
    Hello @MarkinGA,     

We are sorry about these issues with online banking services, and with loan information that does not appear to be downloading successfully. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, with respect to the CC-508 error code featured in your screenshot: have you already viewed the instructions provided in this Support Article? If so, what were your results after making use of those steps? Also, what happened when you tried to change credentials in the Quicken Vault, exactly?

I look forward to your answers, and I hope to provide further assistance.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • MarkinGA
    MarkinGA Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did try the article steps, Quicken still faults when adding the loan. When I logged in to GM's website I had to go through the 2nd step authentication entering the 6 digit code that was texted to me. It did ask if I wanted it to "remember this device" which I told it yes so now it doesn't ask for the code again when logging in from the same browser but that appears to only be for the browser not anything else including Quicken.

As for the vault editing, when I went to the vault it looked like the attached except there was a third account for GM Financial with it's login name and Password not required in the stored password column. When I selected that line with the mouse all of the Add, Change, Delete buttons greyed out unavailable just as in the photo. When I told it to stop online updating that account it removed that line from the vault.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MarkinGA said:
    I did try the article steps, Quicken still faults when adding the loan. When I logged in to GM's website I had to go through the 2nd step authentication entering the 6 digit code that was texted to me. It did ask if I wanted it to "remember this device" which I told it yes so now it doesn't ask for the code again when logging in from the same browser but that appears to only be for the browser not anything else including Quicken.

As for the vault editing, when I went to the vault it looked like the attached except there was a third account for GM Financial with it's login name and Password not required in the stored password column. When I selected that line with the mouse all of the Add, Change, Delete buttons greyed out unavailable just as in the photo. When I told it to stop online updating that account it removed that line from the vault.
    Hello @MarkinGA,     

We are sorry about this problem remaining, even after attempting earlier troubleshooting maneuvers. Thank you for answering my earlier questions, and for providing additional information about the issue. 

If the problem is continuing after you cleared Internet History & Cookies, and accepted any available cookies on the financial institution's website, then I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support by making use of the information provided in this link. They will need to work with you in order to troubleshoot and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them, uniquely. I do wish that we could provide more advice from the Quicken Community, but Support's help will be necessary in this situation.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • kionysus
    kionysus Member ✭✭
    Options
    I too am having this problem adding a new GM Financial Account and the support article for CC-508 doesn't resolve anything.
  • kionysus
    kionysus Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken needs to be updated to handle the email MFA they added.
This discussion has been closed.