How do I make a report to show liquid assets separate CD's from Checking & Cash

Bill Fischer
Bill Fischer Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Reports (Windows)
I wat to see at a glance how much cash I have available to withdraw today. Also I would like to know what is available at a specific date int the future. Can I tag an account. I would use tags like: 100% liquid, CD term withdraw, Or investment's cash value,
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Bill Fischer,

Unfortunately, Tags (in Quicken) are applied to transactions (entries) not to accounts. It sounds like you'd have to use the reporting function to get the information you want and it may not be all the information on one report.  Or it may be possible to use the "Dashboard" feature to create a number of "cards" that pull together the data you want to see.  But it will likely take some work on your part to get the specific data you want.

Get back to us with any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Bill Fischer,

Unfortunately, Tags (in Quicken) are applied to transactions (entries) not to accounts. It sounds like you'd have to use the reporting function to get the information you want and it may not be all the information on one report.  Or it may be possible to use the "Dashboard" feature to create a number of "cards" that pull together the data you want to see.  But it will likely take some work on your part to get the specific data you want.

Get back to us with any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could use the Net Worth and Balances > Account Balances report and select the accounts to include.

If you want to include the cash in your investing accounts, you can use the Securities tab to include just "No Security (includes cash)" and your money market funds, if you want to include them.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Bill Fischer
    Bill Fischer Member ✭✭
    thank you @Jim_Harmon % @Frankx: I have saved 2 reports to do some of what I want, 1 is to show all Checking, Savings, and money Market accounts that can be withdrawn anytime, 2 CD's the have a tearm . I would like to include the interest rates on the reports but do not see how to add that, My workaround is to export to a CSV file and add that manually which is time consuming
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Including interest rates for cash accounts in a report would be tricky, especially these days when short term rates are quite volatile. 

For banking accounts, you can go to Tools > Account list and click on Edit for an account and manually enter the published interest rate. Then you can click on Options and choose which columns to include in the list, such as Current balance and Ending balance, and also select "Include additional info when printing". Then when you click on the printer icon at the bottom left, you can print a report that includes both the balances and the interest rates you entered.

For money market funds in investing accounts, you can go to the Security Detail view and click on Edit Details and Other info. There you can enter the current interest rate in the Est. Income box. The units are $/Share/Year, so and interest rate of 2.5% on a $1.00 money market fund would be .025. Then you can set up an Investing > Portfolio view with the money market funds, including the Estimated Income column. This will show your estimated annual interest in dollars based on the rate you entered and your current balance. You can also see the calculated interest rates in the Avg. Annual Return columns.  
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.